United States Intelligence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SERVER ROTATION

4 posters

Go down

SERVER ROTATION Empty SERVER ROTATION

Post  Zombie Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:04 pm

OK, I am tired of sitting on the server while waiting for people to connect. I think we need to try a different rotation/mode.
I don't want to turn the server in to a place I don't want to play just to get people here, but we need to do something especially since so many {USI} and trusted allies are unavailable right now.
It sucks that when we do get it going, we get barely enough and we can't team up. I am all for doing what is good for the server, but I JOINED {USI} so I wouldn't have to fight AGAINST {USI}.
I am all up for ideas, but as things stand right now, the server isn't prospering and I haven't really enjoyed playing there much lately. We have GOT to do something
Zombie
Zombie
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

http://usi-team.xippy.org

Back to top Go down

SERVER ROTATION Empty Re: SERVER ROTATION

Post  Zombie Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:10 pm

Zombie wrote:OK, I am tired of sitting on the server while waiting for people to connect. I think we need to try a different rotation/mode.
I don't want to turn the server in to a place I don't want to play just to get people here, but we need to do something especially since so many {USI} and trusted allies are unavailable right now.
It sucks that when we do get it going, we get barely enough and we can't team up. I am all for doing what is good for the server, but I JOINED {USI} so I wouldn't have to fight AGAINST {USI}.
I am all up for ideas, but as things stand right now, the server isn't prospering and I haven't really enjoyed playing there much lately. We have GOT to do something
Sadly, the rotation we have implemented DOES attract some people, but the server is starting to turn in to a place I don't want to play. Too many asshats join a warlord, and I am getting tired of Iron Gator. I am at a real loss for what to do though. It sucks that there is a low population, but this cycle is getting really stale at the same time. I wish we could motivate more {USI} and trusted Aliies to be on so we COULD support a different rotation, but the one who are on are the only ones who will read this too...the ones we need to reach out to we can never contact mad2 Sorry for the rant...and I really don't have a solution either...looking for advise I guess
Zombie
Zombie
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

http://usi-team.xippy.org

Back to top Go down

Post  DirTyDeeDs Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:56 pm

the only thing we havent tried yet is a night map rotation, and there is a reason there are very few servers running those maps, because the majority of SF BF2 players dont like them. This weekend we managed a few 32 player populated matches, so I suggest we continue the course. A new rotation would require us to start all over again harvesting regulars, and I am sure that would try our patience even more than our current situation. Suspect
DirTyDeeDs
DirTyDeeDs
Uber Spammer Jedi
Uber Spammer Jedi

http://usi-team.xippy.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  tycam90 Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:00 pm

Ill provide a detailed message when i get back!

tycam90
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post  Onslaught78 Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:14 pm

Sorry I havent been around as much. Im extremely busy getting my classes ready for students but hopefully I will be able to play some more next week. Im also getting my house ready to put on the market.
All I can do is throw a guy in before I leave each day. I hope to be on this weekend sometime.

Im with Zombie.... the worst thing about having a server is when its empty. Im up for trying something new. USI is competeing with Draco since they have warlord too. Iron gator is getting trying for me. What about doing some Vanilla??? Dragon valley??? AF/EF???? There are vew servers that do that well. Just some thoughts.

Cheers

Onslaught78
Trusted Ally
Trusted Ally

Back to top Go down

Post  DirTyDeeDs Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:21 pm

AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE...

I will entertain any and all suggestions about rotations. We need to field 6 players to get the game going. Until that point we are dependent on our current group of returning players to get the server going. We will alienate them if we make a drastic change to another mod and will have to endure another long period where I seed the server for long periods without playing just to make the server popular again. I am not really looking forward to that.

our consistent player numbers average 3, which is just enough to stare at the screen hopefully.
DirTyDeeDs
DirTyDeeDs
Uber Spammer Jedi
Uber Spammer Jedi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down