United States Intelligence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't think I can keep playing this

2 posters

Go down

Don't think I can keep playing this Empty Don't think I can keep playing this

Post  Zombie Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:51 pm

It just isn't fun playing by myself.
It isn't fun playing hard(camp)core. Think about it, the primary skill is reaction time. All the weapons are the same. If you are ambushed, you are dead with no chance to escape.
It isn't fun playing when everyone else is more concerned with their kdr and ammo count than just playing for fun and to hang out with friends.
It isn't fun trying to be a team player, then being berated for not bringing the correct kit. Excuse me but I didn't realize my job was to support YOUR goals and strategies, especially when I have no idea what they are.
It isn't fun spawning in first, finding myself in a tight situation, then finding out everyone else spawned somewhere else and I get yelled at because I wasn't with you.
I just want to play for fun and to hang out, but everyone takes this game way too seriously.
The suck part about being a team player is you get taken advantaged of. When was the last time anyone asked me if I had any ideas, goals, badges I want to try for. It happens once or twice a month I guess.
Unless everyone lightens up, at least once in a while, and just plays I guess we will have to wait for another game to come out that maybe we can play for fun. Sure, every now and then we have good nights, but usually not.
I know my skill level isn't as high as some of you, but I can have fun just participating and helping out. I know my kdr is poor but that isn't my motivation. I would rather be 2 and 10 and win the map than 10 and 2 and lose it.
You will find me on comms, probably playing something else, but I am just finding it too hard to play this game anymore.
If this post ticks you off, well, sorry I guess. Now you know how I feel most every night.
Zombie
Zombie
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

http://usi-team.xippy.org

Back to top Go down

Don't think I can keep playing this Empty Re: Don't think I can keep playing this

Post  DirTyDeeDs Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:03 pm

its pathetic I just noticed this thread now. my 'newest posts' link never shows me anything, i had given up using it.

sorry for making you feel this way. joining your softcore game then shortly after yelling and complaining is wrong and I regret that, and I apologize for that.
Its just not right that I can manage to have good teamwork with shinobi, and not with you...

my goal is to win. period. I try to do whatever I can to achieve this. making someone elses goal my own is hard for me when it doesn't include winning.

maybe if you were more focused on playing and winning with weapons that work best for you instead of your damned goal to have a gold in every weapon, your KDR, W/L and most importantly, your enjoyment would be greater. You are using weapons that suck and wonder why you find it hard to kill anyone...

softcore is pathetic with how many hitpoints you have. 125 softcore vs 50 hardcore, thats 2.5x more hitpoints and 2.5x more bullets that have to hit in order to take down a SINGLE enemy. put two or more enemies in front of you, and MOST guns are not capable of killing them all without reloading.
engineers (which I mostly use) have sub mgs with high rate of fire, and nearly worthless in softcore. a whole clip to kill one guy maybe... its worse than bf2.

I guess I just dont understand how you can play OFP and Arma for so long, with its one hit one kill gameplay, and all of a sudden now its an issue with you.

you need to get over this and join coms again, whatever game you play !
DirTyDeeDs
DirTyDeeDs
Uber Spammer Jedi
Uber Spammer Jedi

http://usi-team.xippy.org/

Back to top Go down

Don't think I can keep playing this Empty Re: Don't think I can keep playing this

Post  Zombie Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:18 pm

DirTyDeeDs wrote:its pathetic I just noticed this thread now. my 'newest posts' link never shows me anything, i had given up using it.

sorry for making you feel this way. joining your softcore game then shortly after yelling and complaining is wrong and I regret that, and I apologize for that.
Its just not right that I can manage to have good teamwork with shinobi, and not with you...

That is unusual, considering he rarely will even stay long enough to finish a round

my goal is to win. period. I try to do whatever I can to achieve this. making someone elses goal my own is hard for me when it doesn't include winning.

maybe if you were more focused on playing and winning with weapons that work best for you instead of your damned goal to have a gold in every weapon, your KDR, W/L and most importantly, your enjoyment would be greater. You are using weapons that suck and wonder why you find it hard to kill anyone...

My goal is also to win, I don't pay attention to my KDR. Like I said, 2 and 10 with a win is better than 10-2 with a loss. Over the last couple weeks I have gotten gold in the sucky weapons, except the sniper rifles and shotguns. I only have the M16 and the UMP45 left to go, as well as the AT4 and mines. I already know what my favorite weapons are for each class and when I gold the last 2 I will switch to my fav's if they fit the situation. I can progress on the sniper rifles when no one else is around and I can just camp. Arica is such a crappy map that sniping is the only fun way to play it.
Lately my KDR has been improving. I get more kills, the same deaths and a lot less kill assists than when I am playing with you. You get more kills than I do, faster, so I get more assists. It's always been this way and I am not complaining about it.

softcore is pathetic with how many hitpoints you have. 125 softcore vs 50 hardcore, thats 2.5x more hitpoints and 2.5x more bullets that have to hit in order to take down a SINGLE enemy. put two or more enemies in front of you, and MOST guns are not capable of killing them all without reloading.
engineers (which I mostly use) have sub mgs with high rate of fire, and nearly worthless in softcore. a whole clip to kill one guy maybe... its worse than bf2.

SC requires a different style of play, and it is possible to get multiple kills per clip. Sunday I got 4 guys without reloading using the PP2000. They were all lined up and I shot them in the back, but it is possible, you just have to aim differently and go for more headshots. In HC you have to advance more carefully, cover to cover, because when anyone sees you first it's instant death. SC allows for a more bonzai approach because it is possible to survive an ambush or a camper. HC means dying by guns more, SC means dying by explosives more. It is just a different play style. Since my reaction time isn't as quick as other people, I like the chance to at least TRY to outshoot the other guy. HC means the quicker reaction time wins every time and aiming isn't all that important.

I guess I just dont understand how you can play OFP and Arma for so long, with its one hit one kill gameplay, and all of a sudden now its an issue with you.

Different style of gameplay. Campers in CTF ticked me off too, and I didn't really play the other multiplayer versus modes much. Plus the maps were better for 1 hit kill survivability.

you need to get over this and join coms again, whatever game you play !

I would be inclined to join and play HC sometimes if I could get the same consideration without the drama in a SC sometimes. People would get more kills in SC if they were watching the screen instead of keeping a bullet by bullet ammo count and spending so much time in the tab screen. When I usually get on there is no one else around so I join a server I like and play for several rounds, then people join and within 2 minutes decide they are not having fun. Some maps are sucky, some teams are sucky and some servers are sucky, but it takes more than 2 minutes to figure this out. There are some maps I hate but stay on the server because the team is good or no one else is around so I can snipe or whatever. Except on Arica I am all about winning the round and moving from flag to flag to do what is needed, using whichever kit is needed. The only rifles I need gold on are both good ones, but not my favorites for either class so that won't be an issue much longer.
I guess I am just tired of being the one that usually, but not always, has to sacrifice for the "good of the team"...and have been for more than 6 years. I guess I will have to again, and play freaking HC, and not have as much fun, so I can have a game with friends on line without constant complaining. I can have my fun games during the 2 hours every evening I am on-line by myself I guess
Zombie
Zombie
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

http://usi-team.xippy.org

Back to top Go down

Post  DirTyDeeDs Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:45 pm

there is no ammo count in HC ... you just have to pay attention or reload often.

I am willing to play softcore without too much complaining from me during matches cheers

DirTyDeeDs
DirTyDeeDs
Uber Spammer Jedi
Uber Spammer Jedi

http://usi-team.xippy.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down